Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Look Back At 2007

Greetings! I don't know if you keep a pic of every card you make but I have been doing that right from the start. That way I can appreciate them all over again. Since I began in 2007, I now have seven years worth of photos saved. I had been printing out a paper copy of each photo but I've kind of let that slide the last couple of years. I still have my digital files, though, and those are kept current.

I like looking back at the photos (well, actually scans for most of the them) to see all the ways I've made cards and be reminded of techniques I've used. This can definitely stir up inspiration if you are having a dry spell. I can also see things I did that didn't really work. I don't usually repeat those. It's a good way to be reminded of embellishments or other materials in your stash that you may have forgotten about. It's also a great way to document your growth as a cardmaker.

Today I thought I would revisit my earliest cards. Actually, I've been making cards since I was big enough to use crayons, scissors, and paste. For years when my family was growing up I made our Christmas cards from a quarter-folded sheet of copy paper with a cut-out design from wrapping paper glued to the front and a holly leaf border drawn and colored by hand around it. In 2007, however, I became a cardmaker in earnest. Here are some of my favorites from that year....










No comments: