Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Two More Recently Made

This first card was made for my youngest grandson Allan's 5th birthday. The clown image is a digital print from Dearie Dolls. I LOVE her images! She offers most in color and in black & white. Please visit her site and be SURE to leave a thank you if you download any of her sweet images.

The paper here is again from ScrapbookScrapbook's circle set, only in the blue color way this time. I've used a scrap of blue cardstock behind the circle paper. The colored dots are Candi that are attached with foam pads.


This second card was for my youngest daughter Thea, for her You're Special day. I used a scrap of plaid paper for the background; I think it came from a DCWV Stack Pack 12" x 12". I have a LOT of those big packs! I also try very hard to use every scrap of patterned paper. Paper is definitely one of my weaknesses.

The floral image is a digital print. I'm not entirely sure where I originally got this image. It might be a Dover sampler or from a Far Far Hill set. I've attached it on top of a paper doily. I die-cut an arrow with my Silhouette Cameo from a scrap of cardstock. The sentiment is wordart compliments of Paulette at Create with TLC. I've added 3 striped Candi for that finishing touch. 


Now to explain about You're Special days...my husband and I stopped celebrating the holidays that are traditions of men back in 2004. These traditional holidays are specifically those that have replaced the holy days that Almighty God, YHWH, Creator of heavens and earth, commanded His people to observe. That means that we stopped celebrating Christmas and Easter specifically and do our best to observe Passover, the Feast of Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles. While I let go of all of the traditions associated with Christmas, I still wanted to have a special day for my children and grandchildren when I could celebrate them. Yes, I know they still have birthdays, but this would be my special day to celebrate them. I decided that the day six months from their birthday would be their You're Special day. And that's what this card is all about...as well as others that I post for my family for their You're Special days.

No comments: