Friday, March 21, 2014

My Two Latest Cards

One of my clients is currently in a rehab nursing home so I wanted to send her a little card to let her know I was thinking of her. Here's what I made...


This cute little bunny is a Silhouette card. I used a purple cardstock for the base card. The floral print cardstock is from the Pretty Posies DCWV 12" x 12" stack. I cut the neck ribbon & bow from a scrap of bright pink cardstock. The purple accent on the bow is a Candi dot. I added the eye and nose with marker.

This is the first time I've used a Silhouette design to make a complete card. I like this one and will use it again. I might try making the printed part smaller and cut out a bunch to make a row of cute printed bunnies.

For the next card I needed a birthday card suitable for a gentleman in his late 80's. While this isn't typically a "guy" card, it was bright, colorful, and sure to add a bright spot to his day. He was happy with it and that's all that matters.


I began with red cardstock for the base. I added a piece of digital paper from the Circles collection available from ScrapbookScrapbook, one of my favorites. You'll find their web link in the sidebar. The cute clown is one of Mary Ellen's sweet images from Dearie Dolls. Her blog is in my blogroll. Her designs are offered in color or black & white. You will definitely want to check her out if you aren't already a follower of her free digital images. I mounted the clown panel on another piece of the red cardstock. The colorful dots are more Candi.

And there you have it!


1 comment:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

So cute!!! I'm sure your client loved it!! :D