Friday, March 7, 2014

A Look Back at February 2013

One of the interesting aspects of keeping a pic of every card I make is being able to go back later and see how productive I was. I was surprised to see how few cards I made in February 2013. I think I know why. This was my last semester of college and I was in my student teaching placement. I was working in a third grade classroom--probably my favorite grade to work with--and didn't have much time to spend making cards. Here are the four I did make at that time...


I believe the background papers here are digital prints by Booland Designs, which I purchased from Digital Scrapbooking Studio. You can find their link on the sidebar list of my favorite websites. The wordart banner is from Create with TLC. I am trying to remember where I got the floral print; I do know it's a digital design that I printed out, but I can't remember where I got it.


This card is all stamped, but uses the layer technique. I really like how this turned out and need to do this again.


For this one, I tried imitating a technique I saw online, probably on a card I pinned on Pinterest. The tricky part was centering the butterfly punch in the middle of the white squares. The white squares are mounted with foam adhesive on top of the colored squares. I wrote the sentiment across the bottom.


The background paper I used here is another Booland Design. The image was cut from a calendar. I like to recycle images from calendars, catalogs, and other print media.

No comments: